Angela Velonas 10 Tips on How to Stay Fit, Fab at Fifty
1. Good Grooming – I always keep up with my waxing even in Winter, My hair is always coloured so no regrowth is on show and I always have Matching colour on my Nails/Toenails.
2. Great Skin – Even though I’m in the Cosmetic Surgery Industry I keep my skincare very simple because I know most products don’t work or will make you look younger. So I use a Hydrating Hyaluraunic Acid Spray which hydrates and gives my skin a real glow, a Vitamin C Serum and Sunscreen which I consider the most important Anti-Aging Product.
3. Cosmetic Treatments – Without a doubt Anti-Wrinkle Injections for me are fantastic as long as they are done at a Doctor-Only Clinic such as ours, by a doctor and you are getting the right dosage. They stop forehead lines,frown lines and lines around the eyes in their tracks!
4. Medically Based Skin Treatments Not Fluffy Facials. If I want to relax I have a massage but if I want to keep maintaining and building the collagen in my skin I alternate between Skin Tightening and Collagen Induction Therapy which plumps up my skin. Our Skin Technician, Bettina Clifford, at our clinic – Sydney Cosmetic Clinic is amazing!
5. Make-up – I don’t like heavy make-up. I prefer a more natural look but I always like to have lipstick on.
6. Eyebrows – I love beautiful Eyebrows. They frame the eyes and complete your look. If you don’t have them I highly recommend seeing someone such as Leona Gallagher – Eyebrow Queen from Simply Laser in Brisbane and the Sydney Cosmetic Clinic in Sydney. She does my eyebrows and I get so many compliments on them!
7. Join a Gym or alternative Health & Fitness Centre. I find the hardest thing is getting there but
once I’m there I really get into it. For me the trick is to have great music, an inspiring instructor and doing classes. I love Pump Classes and recently I joined a program called Trim and Transform at my gym just to mix things up a little.
8. Eating Healthy Unprocessed Food rather than Junk but not being too hard on yourself when you do. It’s all about balance and remember there’s always tomorrow!
9. Don’t focus on the number 50! Just be grateful to be here, to be alive.
10. Cosmetic Surgery.- It’s not about looking like a freak it’s about fixing something that bothers you. The majority of our patients are everyday people just wanting to look better for their age. I believe go for it and I certainly will when I need to.
‘We can always look gorgeous at 50!’
After completing my Marketing and Business Degree I went into the Fashion Industry before joining the Sydney Cosmetic Clinic about 20 years ago. Over the years I have performed many roles as part of my work at the Clinic and I believe I have a very good knowledge of the industry. Today I am the Director of the Sydney Cosmetic Clinic and Dr George Mayson is the Medical Director. Our aim is to continue to provide quality treatments to our patients that give the desired result at a value-for-money price without compromise.
Our websites are:
Keep Life Simple did not get paid for this blog post.