I believe that all women who are active/ trying to lose weight or just starting to weight train need quality easy digestible protein to keep their muscles toned and their metabolisms revved. Not getting enough protein especially after working out, can have negative effects on your body’s appearance, such as lack of muscle growth, or as the body ages loose skin will form where muscle use to be. Protein powder may help to “fill in the gaps.”
So what protein power would I recommend and why?
After researching many companies I ordered a protein powder called ‘Premium Grass Fed New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate’ from an Australian company called PURE LEAN NUTRITON.
1. Ricky the owner is passionate about using quality ingredients, so there are no added thickeners, additives, chicken feathers or human hair. Duck feathers? Human hair? Did you know the protein powder industry use these ingredients? I didn’t and it shocked me.
If you would like to hear the full story please watch the PURE LEAN NUTRITION video below. You will learn about the ingredients that don’t get mentioned, and are in many of the protein powders that are sold in the market today.
2. The website is very user friendly, it has a help line called ‘zendesk chat’ to assist you should you have any questions about any of the products, or need help with your order. Delivery was super fast and the product arrived as described and seen in image.
3. I really like the old style brown paper bag packaging, a measuring spoon is provided, and it snap locks air tight after opening ensuring freshness. It’s also not bulky to store, and with no plastic container to throw away, it’s environmentally friendly which is a big plus from me.
4. It doesn’t have the usual, over-powering whey taste of many protein powders that I have tried in the past and not liked. I think that any woman would enjoy this mild tasting protein powder, especially those like myself that have been discouraged by bad tasting protein in the past.
5. I mixed one scoop of the chocolate flavored protein with 250-300ml of water with ice in a blender. The chocolate flavor tasted great, perhaps a little too sweet for my taste. I would add a little more water. Although I did love it as a smoothie blended with fruit, ice and organic soya milk, it was creamy and yummy.
6. The Premium Grass Fed Whey Protein Isolate is a good price at $59.95 for a 1 Kilo packet. You also only have to use one scoop. Most proteins powders directions say to use 2-3 scoops, so a little goes a long way with this product.
7. I also support local made in Australia products, especially a company that is selling “quality” products like Pure Lean Nutrition. I am looking forward to reviewing more of there exciting body building range.
To get the best results from a protein drink, I recommend that you have one post workout that way your body is getting a mixture of protein, carbs, and vitamins, everything that you will need to build lean muscle and become stronger, and toned.
Would I buy this product again?
Yes I would. After a few weeks of using the Premium Grass Fed Protein Isolate I have already made some muscle gains. My biceps have grown and are beginning to peak. Toned arms at 52 years young, the only way is up, Wahoo!
What Pure Lean Nutrition Say
Premium Grass Fed New Zealand Whey Protein Isolate
Naturally Sweetened with Organic plant based Stevia
Contains virtually no lactose 98.8% Lactose Free
Four simple Natural ingredients blended together.
Our whey protein is sourced from pasture grass fed cows in New Zealand and then the product is processed by cross flow microfiltration and ultra-filtration, generating undenatured whey protein which has a perfect score of PDCAAS (Protein Digestibility Corrected Amino Acid Score)
No added artificial ingredients, thickeners or addictives only Pure High Quality Premium Natural Ingredients
* Supports Recovery and Performance
* Supports Repair of muscle tissue
* Ideal for people on a low carbohydrate diet
* Low Carbohydrates & Low Fat Content
* Maintain Muscle Mass
Ingredients: New Zealand Grass Fed Whey Protein Isolate, Natural Dutch Cocoa Powder, Natural Chocolate Flavour, Natural Plant Organic Sweetener (Stevia), Soy Lecithin Non-GMO (included raw from the manufacturer of the WPI)
Average Serving Size Per 30 g Per 100 g
Energy (KJ) 472 1573.33
Protein (g) 25.21 84.03
Fat – Total (g) 0.52 1.73
Saturated fat (g) 0.32 1.07
Carbohydrate – Total (g) 0.94 3.13
Sugars (g) 0.4 1.33
*Image credit: PURE LEAN NUTRITION
* Keep Life Simple : Did not get paid for this review.