When it comes to anti-aging ingredients, the research is abundantly clear: antioxidants reign supreme. Antioxidants combat the free-radical damage that is responsible for the visible and hidden signs of aging, by neutralizing free radicals in the body. Antioxidant molecules act like Pacman inside your body and fight against free radicals. The more quality antioxidants we have in our body the better we will look and feel; RioLife Acai Berry is the ‘bees knees’ when it comes to providing antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, without popping dozens of pills.
- The paper packing is simple and designed with a vibrant, purple and yellow logo. It is easy to open by cutting a piece off the side of the package and adding the Acai to the drink of your choice. To insure freshness, it comes with a convenient, resealable snap lock.
- In the morning I like to mix a teaspoon of organic Acai Berry powder with the juice of two organic oranges. I give it a good mix in the glass and drink, it is simply delicious. The powder also blends well with any of my smoothies.
- One teaspoon of the dried Acai berry powder provides the same amount of antioxidants as up to 240 blueberries. Acai is a true ‘super food’ start to the day, especially for those like me who are not big breakfast eaters.
- Acai doesn’t have a strong taste; it is quite neutral for such a vibrant looking powder, which is why it mixes well with most drinks.
- I have been a fan of RioLife’s Acai for quite a while now for many reasons. It’s a quality organic super food, its good value for money, and is a convenient, quick way for me to take megadoses of antioxidants that help fight my signs of aging. I believe it helps make me feel good inside and out, and it’s a product that I will continue to use.
- Recently, I have found that the smaller size Acai powder that I use is difficult to buy; it’s sold out in all the stockists that I go to. Perhaps RioLife is working on this problem, and just might have it sorted as this blog goes to post.
Annette’s Three Heart Rating:
What Rio-life says:
The RioLife Acai Berry (pronounced ah-sigh-ee) is an amazing health, beauty and energy food, harvested from wild palm trees in the Amazon. Packed full of rich antioxidants, RioLife Acai Berries fight free radicals which can harm the human body. At the same time, RioLife’s 100% Certified Organic Acai Berry powder replenishes your system with energy, omegas 3, 6 & 9 (good-for-you fatty acids), fibre, amino acids, vitamins and minerals. RioLife also uses only 14% and 11% fruit solid Acai pulp. 14% is the highest quality you can get outside of the Amazon region. Other distributors only use 7% and 9% (if you’re lucky). We don’t believe in distributing Brazilian water, and would rather people get what they pay for, the amazing health and energy giving properties of Acai pulp.
Why should you eat Acai Berries?
- Antioxidants fight free radicals. Contains up to 4,695 ORAC per 5g serve (one of the highest of any fruit). That is 4 X MORE than Goji Berries and 16 X MORE than Blueberries! YEAYY!!
- Add to a healthy diet during dieting & weight management.
- Provides sustained energy and increases vitality.
- Increase dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals intake.
- Low GL (Glycemic Load) ensures slower sugar release (good for diabetics).
- 100% Certified Organic & Pure Wild harvested Product.
Other Nutritional Benefits:
- Contains as much fibre as 1 slice of wholegrain bread (based on 5g consumption). Fibre promotes a healthy digestive system.
- Monounsaturated Fats: Acai has a similar fatty acid profile to Olive Oil.
- Calcium: Adequate calcium intake is vital throughout life for the healthy maintenance of our bones.
- Vitamin E: also a powerful antioxidant, there is 6% of the RDI of Vitamin E in a single scoop of Acai. Vitamin E is important in maintaining healthy skin and the healing process of all damaged tissue.
- Iron: Iron’s main function is to carry oxygen from the lungs to all the cells of the body though its role in creating hemoglobin.
- Magnesium: The Magnesium in Acai helps to release energy and absorb nutrients in our foods. It also works with calcium to maintain healthy bones. In addition, it helps in regulating nerve and muscle function.
- Beta-sitosterols: Preliminary evidence suggests that Beta-sitosterols may help prevent immune weakness resulting from physical stress.
Stockist details in Australia:
- 50g $17.95
- 150g $44.95
- 500g $124.95
I did not get paid, only recieved a free sample of this item for free to write this review.